While I didn't accomplish the specific 30 day goal, I did accomplish the following:
- Finished writing the first draft of book in a series (started in June)
- Began plotting the second book in the series
- Wrote two plus scenes in the second book
- Placed the novella I was writing on hold
- Started fleshing out another story idea
- Chose and downloaded artwork for series covers
- Chose and downloaded artwork for cover for additional story idea
- Finish plotting of 2nd series book
- Write an average of 2,000 words per day
- Go through finished draft of 1st book in series and arrange scenes and clean-up
- Send finished draft for high-level edit first week of September
1st Book in 1st Series:
2nd Book in 1st Series:
The 1st series has developed into a multi-book series instead of a trilogy, and I'm excited about all the aspects of the series (the plot, the characters, the story, the concept, etc.). This will be my first opportunity to receive a high-level edit, which includes feedback about plotting, characterization, pacing, structure, etc., so I'm thrilled about the possibility.
After my second month of writing full-time, I am pleased with my progress. I am on target with my overall goals of building a backlist of books, and I am thoroughly enjoying the journey. I've found and am living my life's dream -- this gal couldn't ask for more.